Université d'Orléans

I wish to do an internship abroad or go abroad as a language assistant


Are you a student at the University of Orleans who needs to pursue a mandatory internship as part of your programme?  Have you thought of doing it abroad?

Besides being an exciting, personal experience and a major asset to your future entry into the world of work, an internship abroad will undeniably enrich your CV.  So wait no longer ! 

  1. Internships abroad
  2. Ministry of Foreign Affairs – internship in an embassy or cultural service
  3. CIEP – Foreign language assistant programme
  4. 2E2F Agency – Comenius assistant programme

1 - Internship abroad

What to do?


The internship office or the International Relations office at your faculty.  They will help you to:

  • Have access to documentary resources (including internship reports from previous years etc.)
  • Compile your application dossier and your request for funding

The Internship, Employment and Business Centre (ESEE) to:

  • Get advice about how to approach companies
  • Assist you in writing your CV and application letter
  • Assist you in preparing for your interview

Where to go?

China, Argentina, Italy, the United States or Brazil: companies around the world are willing to welcome you. So wait no longer !

Financial aid

Depending on your profile, you may be able to benefit from the following sources of financial aid to fund your internship:

  • Assistance from the Centre Region (MobiCentre)
  • Erasmus internship grant
  • Mobility assistance from the Ministry of Higher Education and Research (MESR)

2 - Ministry of Foreign Affairs – internship in an embassy or cultural service

For students who are enrolled at a higher education institution in a programme leading to a State-recognised diploma, the Ministry of Foreign Affairs offers internships in central administration (in Paris or Nantes) or abroad.

More information can be found at: http://www.diplomatie.gouv.fr/fr/ministere_817/emplois-stages-concours_825/stagiaires_5440/presentation_22534.html (link in French)

3 - CIEP – Foreign language assistant programme

If you are a foreign language student in the third year of a Bachelor’s degree (L3), or in the second year of a Master’s degree (M2), or a service industry student at the University Institute of Technology (IUT), you can apply for a position as a French language assistant abroad, for 8 to 9 months within the scope of the CIEP programme.

Contact Isabelle Gebus at the International Relations Office (B.R.I.) in the Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Foreign Languages.

For more information, go to http://www.ciep.fr/assistantfr/

4 - Comenius

Future teachers: if you have completed two years of higher education, you can spend 3 to 10 months in the European country of your choice, teaching languages or other subjects, within the scope of the Comenius assistant programme.

For more information, go to: http://www.europe-education-formation.fr/comenius-assistants.php