The University of Orleans makes developing relationships with the socioeconomic world a priority.
Training, Searching and Innovating With You
BECOME A MEMBER OF OUR PARTNERSHIP FOUNDATION
Contact ► email@example.com
About the UO's Partnership Foundation
The objectives of the University's Foundation are:
- To improve the attractiveness of its courses by promoting the employability of its students;
- To valorise a search for excellence in line with the companies and local governments by supporting innovation and business creation.
The Foundation aims at contributing directly or indirectly to the development and promotion of the UO in all sectors corresponding to its missions, particularly by working in the following fields:
- Favouring partnerships, exchanges of experiences and skills between the socioeconomic world and the teaching departments of the University on the one hand, the University the great campus’ research units on the other;
- Favouring the students' professional and social integration;
- Contributing to the development and the activity of the numerous networks or entities, with or without legal personality, in which the University is involved;
- Supporting and promoting research in all the UO’s areas of expertise;
- Developing the influence, the fame and the national and international attractiveness of the UO by favouring the development of international partnerships or cooperation;
- Improving the students and the University’s community welcome and life quality;
- Contributing to the promotion of the University’s scientific and culture heritage;
- Supporting research and R&D projects;
- Granting scholarships, particularly to students and doctoral students;
- Developing specific actions destined to improve the access to the University and higher education;
- Funding research chairs thanks to "dedicated funds";
- Contributing to the international mobility of the students, the teachers-researchers and the teachers of the University.
The Foundation's firts actions were:
- Participating in operations for business creation or youth employment;
- Creating a dedicated day for employment, organised by occupation;
- Delivering the “Internship and/or Dissertation” Prize;
- Delivering the “Research & Innovation” Prize;
- Developing cross-disciplinary projects promoting scientific assets (patents, platforms…);
- Creating a web portal to facilitate links between students looking for an internship and companies or businesses looking for interns and apprentices;
- Supporting the student-entrepreneurs of the UO through the PEPITE Centre (Student Centre for Innovation, Transfer and Entrepreneurship).
Its main actions are:
- Participating in the CosmetoPharma Job Campus and Excellence Qualifications in the administrative departments number 28, 45, 41 and 37;
- Partcipating in Start-up Week End in 2014, 2015 and 2016;
- Participating to "Ma thèse en 180 secondes" (My Thesis Summed Up in 180 Seconds) 2014, 2015 and 2016;
- Partnering with Open AgriFood in 2014, 2015 and 2016;
- Granting the University Foundation Prize;
- Partnering with CréCampus;
- Granting the Foundation Prize;
- Participating in the 2,000 Jobs 2,000 Smiles Operation.
A few highlights
5 February 2014 : The Foundation launch party
9 April 2015 : Prize giving Foundation party
21 April 2016 : Prize giving Foundation party
24 March 2017 : Day of exchanges with representatives of the business world
Through its participation in national foundations, the UO’s Foundation asserts its desire to strengthen its involvement in the region, to adapt its courses to social needs and to favour the occupational integration of its graduated students.
The UO is a member of the Orleans Foundation
This Foundation aims at contributing to the development of cultural, patrimonial, educational, academic, economic and social initiatives within the Orleans urban area.
▼ See below a press release regarding the creation of the Orleans Foundation ▼