University : Main content

Titre de page

History

Contenu de la page principale

Founded in 1306 by Pope Clement V, the University of Orléans is one of the oldest European universities.

It is renowned across Europe. It closed its doors during the French Revolution in 1793, like every other university in France. It came back to life in the 1960s with the creation of a campus in the South of Orléans. Since then, it has developed and expanded in the 6 countries in the Centre-Val de Loire region.

Today, it is composed of 3 faculties – Law, Economics and Management (DEG) – Science and Technology (CoST) – Literature, Languages and Humanities (LLSH), 4 Institutes of Technology (IUT), a Graduate School for Teaching and Education (INSPE), a Polytech School of Engineering and the Earth, a Sciences and Astronomy Observatory (OSUC) and a University School oh Physiotherapy (EUK).

Image
Histoire de l'UO
Image
Histoire de l'UO