French language support
Public: all foreign students/researchers registered at the University of Orléans, and language assistants who would like to continue to improve their level of French.
Objective: Strengthen your French skills to promote university success.
Levels: Beginner to B2/C1
Each new student will take a placement test at the beginning of the semester (September or January) to define their level.
Courses: Possibility to register for 1 or 2 courses. From the advanced level, it is possible to register for an additional option:
For more details, please see the course description at the bottom of the page
Duration : 10 weeks per semester
Bachelor's degree, Master's degree (including Erasmus, Exchange and specific programs)
Foreign PhD and Researchers /Language assistants :
External public :
See the registration forms at the bottom of the page.
The students/researchrs/assitants should register directly to the French Institute before Friday, 25th September 2020. Then you will be invited to a placement test
1st semester 2020/2021 Calendar
Only students/researchers who have completed an application form and have paid the fees could take the placement test.
- Placement test : convocation after registration
- Classes begin : Monday, 28th September 2020
- Schedule : after placement test
How to have ECTS ?
Only Erasmus students can obtain ECTS :
- Written French : 2 ECTS/semester
- Oral French : 2 ECTS/semester
- Elective (only advanced and superior levels) : 2 ECTS/semester
* There isn't any second exam session pour French support courses.