This summer, experience a full French immersion in Orleans (2 or 4 weeks), labelled “City of Arts and History”.
2 or 4 weeks to :
- Practice and make progress in French
- Discover the region and its culture
- Live French in and out of classes
Located in the heart of the Loire Valley (UNESCO World Heritage) and only one hour from Paris by train, the French Institute (IDF) is accredited with 3 stars with the label “Quality of French as a Foreign Language”.
- 18 hours a week of classes and workshops about French language and culture, from beginners’ to B2/C1 level.
- Build up language skills in classes and practice in immersion during visits, activities and creative projects.
- Cultural and gastronomic visits in the city and in the region + many optional activities.
VISITS AND DAY TRIPS
2 first weeks from June 17th to July 1st 2023
A royal day between the city of Blois and the castle of Chambord
Stroll in the royal city of Blois and have a lunch break on the Loire riverside before heading to Chambord, symbol of the French Renaissance and king Francis I’s most majestic castle. End the day with a horse show in the famous gardens.
Guided tour: the old town’s must-sees
Discover the historical city center and wander through the half-timbered façades, the Renaissance buildings and Orleans must-sees.
Gastronomic visit: the last vinegar maker in Orleans
Immerse yourself in the heart of a tradition and know-how dating back to the Middle Ages in the famous last vinegar factory of Orleans.
2 last weeks from July 1st to 15th 2023
Renaissance day between the castle of Chenonceau and the town of Amboise
Dive into History at the castle of Chenonceau, a Renaissance jewel with its great gallery over the Cher river. Have a lunch break in the quaint streets of Amboise, city of Leonardo da Vinci, and discover the inventions of this Italian genius in his residence of the Clos Lucé.
Guided tour: Orleans top to bottom
Reach for the sky and climb up the 252 steps of the cathedral to discover the city’s best panorama. Then descend into the city’s undergrounds and explore a crypt dating back from the 16th century.
Gastronomic visit: a gourmet walk
Follow us into the streets of Orléans to discover and taste the local delicacies.
Optional activities (not included)
- Boat ride on the Loire and beach of the Charlemagne river island
- Concert evening on the banks of the Loire
- Litterature café
- The Loire by bike
- Board games bar
- 14th of July fireworks on the Loire
- And much more: cinema, shopping, swimming pool, bowling, etc.
2 weeks from June 17th to July 1st 2023 (classes on the University campus)
2 weeks from July 1st to July 15th 2023 (classes in the city center)
4 weeks from June 17th to July 15th
- 2 weeks: 550€
- 4 weeks: 1000€
The fees include the classes and workshops, the course material, the cultural and gastronomic visits and day trips.
ACCOMODATION (tariffs may be modified)
- Half board at a host family: 280€ for 2 weeks or 560€ for 4 weeks
- In a studio in the city center, without meals: 340€ for 2 weeks or 480€ for 4 weeks
The registration form is available : here.
The deadlines to register are :
- Until May 26th for a start on June 17th 2023
- Until June 9th for a start on July 1st 2023
Open to anyone above 18 years old, from beginner to advanced level.
Mme Anne-Claire MAUNY
+33 2 38 49 48 46
Some photos © Orléans Val de Loire Tourisme