Fils d'Ariane

University : Main content

Titre de page

Frequently Asked Questions

Share on |

Contenu de la page principale

Here you will find all the answers to your questions!

How Can I Get Into the University of Orléans?


What specialisations should I choose in high school to have the best chances of succeeding in a Bachelor’s degree?

You should choose majors and specialisations that are closest to the training course you are considering and that correspond best to your motivations. 

Is registering at the University determined by the registration on the Parcoursup platform?

Yes, by respecting the following calendar:

Is there a selection to enter University?

There is no selection when entering a Bachelor’s degree; however, some training courses have a limited number of places. The University Institutes of Technology (IUT) and Polytech (engineering school) offer selective training courses. 

I am far down the waiting list, what should I do?

Depending on your ranking and on the number of places available, it is up to you to decide what to do, particularly with regard to the admissions you have already received.

What Training Courses Are There?


What does the University of Orléans offer?

The University of Orléans offers State diplomas recognized at the European level, University diplomas and certifications from 2 years to 8 years post-baccalaureate levels. These diplomas and degrees are support by university research. 
Discover our training offer.

How do PASS and L.AS work?

A Year 13 student wanting to study health has two possibilities:

  • Choosing a Bachelor’s degree with a “Health Access” specialisation (L.AS) or a portal that offers a “Health Access” option and that corresponds best to his or her projects and strong points.
  • Choosing a special “Health Access” course (not offered by the University of Orléans) with an option from another field of study (PASS). He or she chooses the special health course and an option that corresponds to his or her strong points and potential projects.

See the University of Orléans’ training offer in health on our dedicated page:

How can I integrate a school of physiotherapy?

You can access a physiotherapy school either after a first university year in PASS, or after a completed L.AS. 

What are the success rates in the first year?

The Observatory of Student Life (OVE) publishes the success rates on the University’s website.

What are the changes concerning DUTs?

As of the university year 2021, the University Diplomas of Technology (DUT), prepared in 2 years in IUTs, are replaced with University Bachelors of Technology (BUT), which are prepared in 3 years. 

What Happens After My Degree?


How can I continue my studies after my Bachelor’s degree?

A completed Bachelor’s degree gives access to Master’s degrees and to schools (engineering schools or business schools).
The various possible continuation of studies are specified on each training index card in the training course catalogue

What are the career opportunities after a Professional degree or a Master? 

Job prospects are specified on each training index card in the training course catalogue.

What are the chances to find a job after university studies?

The professional integration rates, as well as other interesting statistics, are published by the Observatory of Student Life (OVE) on the University’s website..

Can I develop and idea, a business project, become an entrepreneur at the same time or after my studies?

Yes, the PEPITE system (Student Pole for Innovation, Transfer, and Entrepreneurship) was created in 2014 by the Ministry to allow students and young graduates to be accompanied in their business creation process. PEPITE contact persons can guide you through the various processes to carry out your project. 

I obtained my Baccalaureate more than 2 years ago, what should I do?

Contact the Continuing Education Service (SeFCo) of the University that will accompany you in your endeavours. 

I am an employee and I wish to resume my university studies, what should I do? 

Contact the Continuing Education Service (SeFCo) of the University that will accompany you in your endeavours and guide you through financing solutions.



Will I be on my own at the University?

Apart from the educational supervising, students must be able to manage their time, to make documentary research, to work in autonomy…

How do classes take place?

University classes are composed of lectures and of seminars or practical work.

What do CM/TD/TP mean?

Your university training is divided in 3 different types of classes:

  • Lectures (CM): These are main classes where all the notions of a discipline are approached. Usually, lectures take place in lecture halls or in classrooms. 
  • Seminars (TD): These are classes with a reduced headcount where the main notions explained in lectures are picked up again in the form of exercises and practical cases.
  • Practical work (TP): These are classes with a reduced headcount where the main notions explained in lecture are put into practice.

How many hours per week?

Between 20 and 30 hours depending on your schedule. Note that an at least equivalent amount of personal work is essential to succeed.

Do I have to attend all classes?

Attendance is mandatory. Teachers call the roll in seminars and practical work classes, and all absence must be justified at the risk of not being allowed to take the exams and of losing your scholarship.

How do exams take place?

 Assessments can take various forms, whether they are written or oral. There are both end-of-term exams (“partiels”) and grades obtained through continuous assessment. 

Is it possible to repeat a year at the University?

Repeating a year at the University is possible. Students can repeat a year if they do not validate any of the two semesters (a semester is validated when a mark of at least 10/20 is obtained).

If a student validates one of the two semesters and the average of the two semesters is greater than or equal to 10/20, the student validates his or her year by compensation and goes on to the next year.

If a student validates one of the two semesters and the average of the two semesters is less than 10/20, he/she is a "failed student authorized to pass" (AJAC). He/she is therefore authorized to register in the next year and will have to retake all the teaching units (UE) not validated during the non-validated semester.

Is it possible to change courses during the year?

At the University of Orléans, a system to change courses between the first and the second semester is available to students, and several possibilities of other courses are offered. 

Is it possible to change courses at the end of the year?

It is possible to change of training course at the end of the year. In this case, students must apply again via the Parcoursup platform. Although such change concerns mainly first year students, each year second and third year students also decide to completely change their training course and thus go back in first year. 

What is a gap year?

A gap year is a period of at most 1 year during which students can suspend their studies in order to gain professional experience while keeping their student status.

| More information here |

I am disabled, how can I get help?

The University offers a whole service dedicated to supporting disabled students. You will find all the useful information on our website section

Is it possible to do a year of studies abroad?

All students registered at the University of Orléans, from 2nd year to doctoral degrees, can benefit from an Erasmus+ scholarship, 12 months per study cycle, in order to carry out a part of their cursus in Europe within the framework of their training.  It is also possible to study outside of Europe.

See the guide of foreign studies for more information.

Will there be internships during my Bachelor’s or my Master’s degree?

Bachelor and Master training courses offer, for the most part, at least 1 mandatory or optional internship period. 

Student Support


The University offers its students support in the fields of health, culture and associative life

How can I find student housing?

Housing is one of the CROUS of Orléans-Tours’ missions. There are also housing possibilities in the private housing stock.

The CROUS is a partner service that also manages scholarships and university restaurants.

What are the public transports available?

All the university sites are served by urban bus networks. The Orléans campus is also served by a tramway line. 
Rémi coaches also provide connection within and between departments.

| More information here |

Are campuses secure?

All of our sites are secure. The Orléans campus is equipped with CCTV and security teams make regular rounds. 

How much do university studies cost?

The annual amount of registration fees vary depending on the degree you chose.Scholarship students are exempt from registration fees. 

Does the University follow health regulations?

The University of Orléans complies with government-mandated health standards.

Is there financial help to go abroad?

You can benefit from various financial aid to travel abroad.

| More information here |