Insect behavior and Molecular and cellular neurobiology / Neuropharmacology of insect neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors.
I am interested in the functional properties of insect neuronal nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Nicotinic acetylcholine receptors are ligand-gated ion channels which are involved in several functions: learning and memory and insect behavioral adaptation. They are the main target of neonicotinoid insecticides. I am interested to understand gene diversity, subunit combination and pharmacological properties of nicotinic receptors using molecular biology and electrophysiology. I am also interested in the intracellular mechanisms regulating insect nicotinic acetylcholine function.
I address this goal using cockroach, honeybee and aphid as models. I recently focus my attention on tick nicotinic receptors (ANR grant).
I also study mammalian neuronal nicotinic receptors to compare their susceptibility against pesticides and plant secondary compounds.
Agence Nationale de la Recheche (ANR grant)
Region Centre Val de Loire (PhD student grant)
MESR grant (French government, PhD student grant)
1. Mannai S., Bitri L., Thany S.H. cGMP/cGMP-dependent protein kinase pathway modulates nicotine-induced currents through activation of a-bungarotoxin-insensitive nicotinic acetylcholine receptors on insect neurosecretory cells. J. Neurochem. 137: 931-938 (2016).
2. Bourdin C., Lebreton J., Mathé-Allainmat M., Thany S.H. Pharmacological profile of zacopride and new quaternarized fluorobenzamide analogues at the mammalian a7 nicotinic acetylcholine receptor. Bioorg. Med. Chem. Lett. 25: 3184-3188 (2015).
3. List O., Calas-List D., Taillebois E., Juchaux M., Heuland E., Thany S.H. inhibition of PaCaMKII-E isoform in the dorsal unpaired median neurosecretory cells of cockroach reduces nicotine- and clothianidin-induced currents. J. Neurochem. 130: 507-513 (2014).
4. Taillebois E., Beloula A., Quinchard S., Jaubert-Possamai S., Daguin A., Servent D., Tagu D., Thany S.H., Tricoire-Leignel H. Neonicotinoids binding, toxicity and expression of nicotinic acetylcholine receptor subunits in aphid Acyrthosiphon pisum. PlosOne 9(5): e96669 (2014).
5. Calas-List D., List O., Quinchard S., Thany S.H. Calcium pathways such as cAMP modulate clothianidin action through activation of alpha-bungarotoxin-sensitive and -insensitive nicotinic acetylcholine receptors. Neurotoxicol. 37: 127-133 (2013).