- Plasma physics, chemistry and kinetics
- Non-thermal plasma assisted catalyst applied to gas pollution control (NOx, SOx, VOCs, …)
- Plasma reforming of hydrocarbons and biogas
- Biomass valorization by plasma-gasification coupling (Syngas and hydrogen production)
Main collective and official responsabilities
- Member of scientific committee of the International Research Network (GDRI) "Catalysis for polluting emissions after-treatment, and production of renewable energies"
- Member of the Research Institute “Energetics, Propulsion, Space and Environment” (CNRS-FR776 EPEE)
- Elected member of the Board of Directors IUT (University of Orléans)
- Co-responsible for the GREMI database management system
- 02/2007: Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches (PhD Direction), University of Orléans, France
- 12/1997: Doctorat d'Etat (PhD) in Quantum Electronics - Plasma Physics, Algiers University (USTHB), Algeria
- 06/1988: MS in Quantum Electronics - Plasma Physics, Algiers University (USTHB), Algeria
- Since 2003: CNRS Research Engineer
- 1998-2000: Engineer, University of Orléans
- 1995-1998: Teaching Assistant, University of Orléans,
- 1993-1995: Post-doctoral Researcher, GREMI laboratory
- 1977-1993: Associate Professor, Algiers University (USTHB)
Scientific publications and communications
35 peer-reviewed publications in scientific journals, 2 book chapters, 2 patents, and more than 70 communications including 12 invited conferences/keynotes in international and national congresses.
Selected publications (from 2009)
- Plasma assisted catalyst for NOx remediation from lean gas exhaust
A. Khacef, P. Da Costa, G; Djéga-Mariadassou
J. Eng. Technol. Res., 1, 122, (2013)
- Plasma-assisted Diesel oxidation catalyst on Bench Scale: Focus on Light-off Temperature and NOx Behavior
A. Leray, A. Guy, M. Makarov, K. Lombaert, J.M Cormier, A. Khacef
Topics in Catal. , 56, 222, (2013)
- NOx Abatement by plasma Catalysis
G. Djéga-Mariadassou, F. Baudin, A. Khacef, P. Da Costa
Plasma Chemistry and Catalysis in Gases and Liquids, WILEY-VCH, 89, (2012)
- Syngas production by plasma treatments of alcohols, bio-oils and wood
K. Arabi, O. Aubry, A. Khacef, J.M Cormier
J. Phys. Conf. Ser., 406, doi 10.1088/1742-6596/406/1/012026, (2012).
- Plasma Treatments and Biomass Gasification
J. Luche, Q. Falcoz, T. Bastien, J.P. Leininger, K. Arabi, O. Aubry, A. Khacef, J.M Cormier, J. Lédé
IOP Conf. Ser.: Mat.. Sci. & Eng., 29, (2012)
- Atmospheric pressure low-current plasma for syngas production from alcohol
A. Khacef, K. Arabi, O. Aubry, J.M Cormier
IEEE Transactions on Plasma Science, 39, (2011)
- Application of atmospheric non thermal plasma-catalysis hybrid system for air pollution control: Toluene removal
An H. Than Quoc, Huu T. Pham, T. Le Van, J.M Cormier, A. Khacef
Catal. Today, 176, 474, (2011)
- Hydrogen production from hydrogenated liquids compounds by a non-thermal plasma
K. Arabi, O. Aubry, A. Khacef, J.M Cormier
I. J. Plasma and Environ. Sci. & Technol., 4, 2, (2010).
- Transient Plasma Ball Generation system at long distance
J.M Pouvesle, C. Cachoncinlle, R. Viladrosa, A. Khacef, E. Robert, S. Dozias
Patent n° WO/2009/050240, (2009)
- Syngas production from propane using atmospheric non-thermal plasma
F. Ouni, A. Khacef, J.M Cormier
Plasma Chem. & Plasma Proces., 29, 119, (2009)
- Syngas production from methane oxidation using non-thermal plasma: experiments and kinetic modeling
J. Luche, O. Aubry, A. Khacef, J.M Cormier
Chem. Eng. J., 149, 35, (2008)
Ahmed Khacef received his Doctorat d'Etat (PhD) degree in quantum electronics - Plasma Physics (high pressure rare gases excited by an energetic flash X-ray source) from the USTHB University (Algiers, Algeria), followed by "Habilitation à Diriger des Recherches" (PhD direction) in 2007 from the University of Orléans (France).
Dr A. Khacef is actually a Research Engineer at CNRS (French National Research Agency) - GREMI Laboratory. Before joining the CNRS, Dr A. Khacef was an Associate Professor at USTHB University and at the Nuclear Research Center of Algiers. His research interests are in the general areas of plasma physics and gas discharge phenomena including high voltage short pulse discharges, flash X-ray generation, high pressure gas lasers and high pressure kinetics. For the past few years, he has been actively involved in the fields of atmospheric pressure non-thermal plasmas applied to the pollution control in association with catalysts, and to biogas reforming and biomass pyrolysis/gasification for synthesis gas and hydrogen production. He has supervised or co-supervised 6 PhD thesis and 10 post-doctoral scholars and training students. He has given numerous conference presentations and invited seminars. He is author or co-author of over 35 full articles in international peer-reviewed publications, 2 book chapters, more than 70 contributions at international conferences, and holds two patents.
Dr A. Khacef is qualified as reviewer for projects submitted to ANR (the National Research Agency, France), FWO (Research Foundation Flanders, Belgium), NSERC (Natural Science and Engineering research council, Canada), and IRD (Research and Development Institute, France).
Publications au GREMI (depuis 2006)
Si votre navigateur bloque l'affichage automatique des publications, retrouvez les ici