On 21 September 2023, the University of Orléans welcomes students and offers them to participate to Happy Campus Day.
Every year, the month of September is the opportunity for the University to welcome new students on its various campuses.
Location: In front of the Students’ House (Maison de l’Étudiant), rue de Saint Amand, in Orléans-la Source.
Hours: 12am-5pm with an afetr party at the Bouillon at 6:30pm.
On the programme, numerous activities planned by the University of Orléans and its partner, the CROUS of Orléans-Tours.
From 12am - In front of the Bouillon
Live concerts of modern music
Free for all, subject to availability - No reservation
Charming and colourful, this young hard rock and glam punk band is ready to seduce you with their powerful guitars, their peculiar aesthetic and their overflowing energy.
🔘 Gaspard Ducroix
Dirty electro with deep, powerful and vintage synthetizers, accompanied by a strong rythm to make the crowd move.
Ludö is a pop artist inspired by popular international groups to write and think his melodies in the most lively and heady way possible.
Indie rock music with current British punk and post-punk inspirations.
8:30pm – Peet + Soma Exe
Rap concert - At the Bouillon
Free for all, subject to availability
From Brussels, PEET became famous with the band LE 77 before going solo. PEET is coming back more relaxed than ever with his new album “TODO BIEN”.
There, he lets his many emotions and musical influences shine through, from jazzy boom-bap to turnup trap designed to "break necks in concerts" to more introspective tracks. Ten tracks that exude PEET's love of music, articulated by a made-in-Belgium rap that continues to conquer France.
From 10am to 5pm, at the same time than Happy Campus Day, the University Libraries organise a book sellout at the University Library of Humanities, Languages and Social Sciences. There, you will find books about all the fields of study taught at the UO for prices between 0.50€ to 3€ maximum.
Throughout the day, the Crous of Orléans-Tours will ofer numerous animations and shows such as:
- a duo of stilt walkers in costume from the Théâtre Krizo ;
- Günter&Günter, a comdey trio with a secret mission;
- Garçons, La Note ! A duo that will walk around the restaurants at noon with music;
- cheerleading shows.
Flash workshops of computer-assited music inside the Radio Campus Cone.
- discovery and tasting of microgreens with the association Demain en Main, which aims to promote urban agriculture, ethical and sustainable nutrition for all audiences;
- informative and entertaining booth held by the CDNO and the National Scene of Orléans;
- wooden table games.
Happy Campus Day is also the opportunity for students to meet the numerous student associations and discover the university services available to them. The following will be present:
- Radio Campus Orléans
- ESN Orléans (Erasmus Student Network)
- Campus Ecolo
- Solidaires étudiant.e.s Orléans
University Services Dedicated to Students
- University Health Service (SSU)
- AIDE Desk
- Disability Support Services (Passerelle Handicap)
- Anti-Sexist and Sexual Violence Unit
- Sports (SUAPSE)
- Language Centre
- Campus by Bike ("Campus à vélo")
- Student Support Services (PAON, Professional Guidance and Integration)
- International Relations
- We Lab Cosmetic
- CPAM (public health insurance)
- Road safety
- CRIJ (Regional Youth Information Centre)
- Orléans Metropolis
- French University Sports Federation
- Esope grocery shop
Happy campus Day is a campus party!
It also takes place in Bourges on 4 September, in Chartres on 14 September and Châteauroux on 28 September.