For the first time, the University of Orléans is organizing a BIP (Blended Intensive Program) in Digital Environmental Geosciences.
The theme, WEMP, stands for Water Resources, Energy resources, Mining resources, and Pollution mitigation.
The launch meeting in Orléans intends to introduce the basic principles of four simulation techniques widely used in environmental geosciences: Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Digital Rock Physics and Microfluids (DRP & MF), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Reactive Transport Modeling (RTM).
Applications of these techniques in real-world systems will be presented during morning seminars by international experts from academia and industry.
- Who : Master and PhD students from Erasmus+ Higher Education Institutions studying IT, geology, engineering, fluid mechanics, geography or physics. There is a maximum of 30 participants.
- When : The week of physical mobility will be from January 9th to 13th 2023. Virtual mobility will occur later on in the semester.
- Where : The activities will take place at the CIJ (Centre International pour la Jeunesse) situated in the city centre.
- More : Intercultural activities will be held in the city of Orléans and in our beautiful region. You will be able to enjoy the Loire Valley, culinary experiences and other gala activities.
- ECTS : Participants will obtain 3 ECTS after completion of the program. On-line collaborative group project activities will follow the one-week on-site training in Orléans.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Registrations are now closed.
|09:15-10:00||Opening||Introductory lecture 2 - GIS||Introductory lecture 1 - CFD||Introductory lecture 2 - CFD||Invited Seminar|
|10:00-10:15||Q&A – break|
|10:15-11:00||Introductory lecture 1 - GIS||Introductory lecture 2 – DRP & MF||Introductory lecture 1 - RTM||Introductory lecture 2 - RTM||Invited Seminar|
|11:00-11:15||Q&A – break|
|11:15-12:00||Introductory lecture 2- DRP & MF||Invited Seminar DRP||Invited Seminar GIS||Invited Seminar CFD||Invited Seminar RTM|
|12:00-12:15||Q&A – break|
|13:45-16:45||Hands-on GIS or DRP & MF||Hands-on GIS or DRP & MF||Hands-on RTM or CFD||Hands-on RTM or CFD||Hands-on RTM or CFD|
|16:45-17:00||Q&A – break|
|17:00-18:00||Brainstorming student group projects||Brainstorming student group projects||Brainstorming student group projects||Brainstorming student group projects||Brainstorming student group projects - Closing|
This Blended Intensive Program is organised in collaboration with ATHENA partners : the University of Siegen and Vilnius Tech.