For the second year in a row, the University of Orléans is organizing a BIP (Blended Intensive Programme) in Digital Environmental Geosciences.
The theme, WEMP, stands for Water Resources, Energy resources, Mining resources, and Pollution mitigation.
The launch meeting in Orléans intends to introduce the basic principles of four simulation techniques widely used in environmental geosciences: Geographical Information Systems (GIS), Digital Rock Physics and Microfluids (DRP & MF), Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and Reactive Transport Modeling (RTM).
Applications of these techniques in real-world systems will be presented during morning seminars by international experts from academia and industry.
- Who : Master and PhD students from Erasmus+ Higher Education Institutions studying IT, geology, engineering, fluid mechanics, geography or physics. There is a maximum of 30 participants.
- When : The week of physical mobility will be from January 15th to 19th 2024. Virtual mobility will occur later on in the semester.
- Where : The activities will take place at Hotel Dupanloup, in downtown Orléans.
- More : Intercultural activities will be held in the city of Orléans and in our beautiful region.
- Funding: There may be Erasmus+ funding available at your local University to help with travel expenses. Please contact your local International Office.
- ECTS : Participants will obtain 3 ECTS after completion of the program. Online collaborative group project activities will follow the one-week on-site training in Orléans.
Please note that it is mandatory to attend both the physical and the virtual mobility. Should you not attend one of the two or miss your exam, you will not be awarded ECTS and will be asked to reimburse your Erasmus+ funding by your Host Institution.
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are opened until 5th November 2023 here.
|08:45-09:30||Opening||Introductory lecture 2 - GIS||Introductory lecture 1 - CFD||Introductory lecture 2 - CFD||Invited Seminar|
|09:30-09:45||Q&A – break|
|09:45-10:30||Introductory lecture 1 - GIS||Introductory lecture 2 – DRP & MF||Introductory lecture 1 - RTM||Introductory lecture 2 - RTM||Invited Seminar|
|10:30-10:45||Q&A – break|
|10:45-11:30||Introductory lecture 2- DRP & MF||Invited Seminar DRP||Invited Seminar GIS||Invited Seminar CFD||Invited Seminar RTM|
|11:30-11:45||Q&A – break|
|13:15-16:15||Hands-on GIS or DRP & MF||Hands-on GIS or DRP & MF||Hands-on RTM or CFD||Hands-on RTM or CFD||Hands-on RTM or CFD|
|16:15-16:30||Q&A – break|
|16:30-17:30||Guided City Tour||Brainstorming student group projects||Treasure Hunt||Brainstorming student group projects||Brainstorming student group projects - Closing|
This Blended Intensive Program is organised in collaboration with ATHENA partners.
To see example of last year's students' work, please check out the files below.