The Eiffel scholarship programme of excellence is a programme developed by the Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs to enable French higher education institutions to attract the best foreign students to master's and doctoral programs.
It enables the training of future foreign decision-makers, from the private and public sectors, in priority fields of study, and stimulates applications from students from emerging countries aged 25 or less for the Master's level and from emerging and industrialized countries aged 30 or less for the PhD level.
The 2024/2025 campaign is open until November 17th 2023.
Before submitting an application:
- Read carefully the Eiffel scholarship reglementation:
- Check the list of eligible programmes at the University of Orleans:
- Check your eligibility for the program:
- Origin of applications: all applications must go through the International Relations Department of the University of Orleans (firstname.lastname@example.org) which centralizes all applications and sends them to Campus France. Under no circumstances should students send their applications directly to Campus France or to the program director, as they will be rejected outright. Moreover, an applicant who is submitted by more than one institution will also be rejected. In addition, a candidate who applies in more than one institution will also be directly rejected.
- Nationality: This program is reserved for applicants of foreign nationality. Candidates with dual nationality, one of whom is French, are not eligible.
- Date of birth:
- MASTER'S: applicants must be 25 years of age or younger on the date of the selection committee, i.e. born after March 31st 1998.
- DOCTORATE: Applicants must be 30 years of age or younger at the time of the 2021 application campaign; i.e. born after March 31st 1993.
- Eligible fields of study for the MASTER and DOCTORATE:
SCIENCES ET TECHNOLOGY:
Biology and health
Mathematics and Digital Technology
HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES:
History, French Language and Civilization
Law and Political Science
Economics and Management
- Scholarship: students already receiving a French government scholarship under another program at the time of application are not eligible, even if it is a social security scholarship.
- Permanent address:
FOR THE MASTER PROGRAMME: Only students currently studying abroad can apply. Students already enrolled in France are no longer eligible for the program.
FOR THE DOCTORATE STUDY PROGRAMME: Students studying abroad have priority over those already living in France. The scholarship is awarded for a maximum of 18 months.
How to apply?
- Doctorate :
- For applications for a 1st year of PhD, the scholarship is for 36 months, you therefore need to find a supervisor before December 8th 2023. We advise you to contact the appropriate doctoral school: https://www.univ-orleans.fr/en/univ/research/doctoral-schools
- For applicants who are already enrolled in a PhD in a co-direction or cotutelle, the scholarship is for 6 to 18 months, according to the year you enrolled.
In both cases, only the supervisor who will support the application must contact email@example.com
- Master's :
- Step 1:Assemble into a single PDF document: :
- your resume
- a cover letter / description of your professional project
- The transcript of grades for the last 3 years with an official translation if necessary. Please keep in minde that the Eiffel Scholarship is a scholarship of excellence, and only applications with a grade point average above 15/20 will be considered.
- Document(s) proving your ranking in the promotion, at least last year. However, your application will have a better chance of success if you can provide your ranking throughout your academic career.
The PDF document must be labeled as follows:
LAST NAME_First Name_Justificatifs-M-Eiffel-UO
- Step 2: Fill in the following form:
- Step 3: Send these 2 documents in a single message to firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject of the message « Candidature LAST NAME First Name Bourse Eiffel UO»
Any incomplete file will not be examined.
- Step 4: If your application is complete, it will be examined by the program supervisor who will give a final decision on your application. You will receive a message informing you of the supervisor's decision.
- Step 5: If your application is supported, you will be contacted by our services to fill in the complete application file on the Campus France platform.
The internal selection of the applicants presented for the Eiffel program will be finalized on Thursday 17th November 2023 at noon (UTC+1). No application will be accpeted after this date.
The main criterion for selecting applciation is academic excellence.
Finally, please note that, due to the large number of requests to be processed, the messages whose answers appear on this page will not receive an individualized response.
Please do not contact any program supervisor.
All requests must be addressed to email@example.com