Will we break last year's record of 33 000km?
The seven Universities of the ATHENA European University are proud to launch the second edition of the
Europe Day ATHENATHON, a sporting event destined to reach a distance of 11 000 km.
From 9 May until 9 June 2022, we invite the students and staff of each university, and every person who
wants to participate to join this event.
Last year, the initial goal of 11 000 km, which represents the cumulative distance between our 7 European
campuses, was more than met, as we covered more than 33,000 km!
In 2022, we need to break this record!
Starting on Europe day, this one-month long initiative is embedded in a more global vision of a green and
climate-friendly Europe. For this reason, we will only consider these carbon-free activities: running, walking, swimming, biking, hiking, aqua-biking, skating, treadmill running, indoor biking, rowing, canoeing, rock-climbing, stair-climbing, etc.
In order to take part in the event, each participant will submit the number of kilometres they made by posting it on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with the official hashtags of the event #move4athena or #athenathon and a screenshot of their favourite tracking app performance as evidence, or by joining our Strava Club: Europe Day ATHENATHON. Each participant can contribute multiple times and join from anywhere in Europe and beyond!
15 reasons to participate in the Europe Day ATHENATHON:
- It is a free event!
- Anyone can take part in the event
- It is not a competition, nobody loses!
- Participate when you want and at your own pace
- You will be part of a unique European experience
- Show your campus and town to students all over Europe
- Adopt a healthy and environmentally friendly lifestyle
- Stay positive and keep going
- Physical exercise boosts your productivity and improves your mood
- Take some fresh air
- It gives you the opportunity to do a fun activity with your friends and colleagues
- Because we need to focus on something else than daily life
- Students: take a break from the stress of the exam period
- You can brag about your physical exercise on social media!
- Because we are all part of the same European University: ATHENA!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Personal Data Protection Declaration:
If you participate in the Europe Day ATHENATHON in the ways described above (by joining the Europe Day ATHENATHON Strava club or by posting your sporting performance on Twitter, Facebook or Instagram with one of the official hashtags, #athenathon or #move4athena), you agree with the following statement:
I am aware that the member institutions of ATHENA European University (i.e. the Polytechnic Institute of Porto, Hellenic Mediterranean University, University of Siegen, University of Maribor, University Niccolo Cusano, University of Orléans, Vilnius Tech) process all personal data transmitted and protected in accordance with the provisions of Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (General Data Protection Regulation) (OJ L119, 18.104.22.1686, p. 1– 88). I am aware that my personal data will be processed by employees of the aforementioned higher education institutions, who are by function or the workplace authorized to do so.