Innovative training courses and educational schemes
- Psychological aspects of sport coaching - UO and University of Vigo (Spain)
- Developing synergies at education and research level - UO and University of Siegen (Germany)
- ATHENA Computer Science Education Network (teacher-researchers network in computer science) - UO, University of Siegen (Germany), Vilnius Tech (Lithuania) and Polytechnic Institute of Porto (Portugal)
- Workgroup on the scholar edition of Quevedo's "Sueños" - UO and University of Vigo (Spain)
- Cairns : a pedagogical tool and program concerning student mobility and orientation and their adaptability to the labour market - UO, Hellenic Mediterranean University (Greece), Vilnius Tech (Lithuania) et Polytechnic Institute of Porto (Portugal)
- Teaching exchange (economics), preparation for students exchange, summer school in 2024 - UO and University of Siegen (Germany)
- Organization of the BIP BlendEd Mobility - UO, University of Maribor (Slovenia), University of Siegen (Germany), Vilnius Tech (Lithuania) and Polytechnic Institute of Porto (Portugal)
- Training on digital transformation in heritage preservation and analysis - - UO, University of Siegen (Germany) and Hellenic Mediterranean University (Greece)
- Setting up a joint bachelor in mecatronics - UO
Results of the ATHENA call for research projects: financing 7 projects of the UO
In November 2021, the University of Orléans, in partnership with the ATHENA institutions and thanks to the financing of the National Research Agency (Investments for the Future programme), organised a call for research projects within the framework of the ATHENA European University.
This action aims at supporting both research collaborations that are already engaged and new initiatives. Its other objective is to initiate collaborative research work in order to apply for other research financing programmes (Horizon Europe or other binational programmes).
The call for proposals has a total budget of €285,000.
The international jury has selected the 7 following projects led by researchers of the UO together with teams of the ATHENA research network:
• A Methodology for the Design of a Safe, Secure and User-Friendly Reactive Programming Language for the Internet of Things – UO (LIFO) and University of Maribor (Programming Methodologies Laboratory, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
• Development of tools for muscular fatigue study and Neurophysiological investigations of Peripheral Nervous System – UO (PRISME) and University of Maribor (System Software Laboratory, Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science)
• ESLO (Sociolinguistic Surveys in Orléans) for university training : digital resources for teaching and learning French as a foreign language and language sciences - UO (LLL) and University of Siegen (Romanisches Seminar)
• Interdisciplinary workgroup on digital transformation in heritage preservation and analysis – UO (PRISME and LaMé) and Hellenic Mediterranean University (Design and Manufacturing Laboratory)
• STRUcture and Morphology of heterogeneous nanostructured semiconducting Polymers – UO (ICMN) and University of Siegen (Institute of Physics)
• Trimetallic NANOalloy growth KIneticS and Structure: a joint experimental and numerical approach – UO (ICMN) and University of Maribor (Laboratory of Inorganic Chemistry)
• Virtual Physical Therapist for Upper Extremity Motor Control in Parkinson’s Disease Patients – UO (PRISME) and Vilnius Tech (Department of Biomechanical Engineering)
The 7 projects are detailed in the Research Projects section of our website.
Call for applications for the ATHENA Visiting Researcher Programme (call closed)
The University of Orléans and LE STUDIUM Loire Valley Institute for Advanced Studies open a new call for applications within the framework of the ATHENA European University programme. This programme aims at welcoming experienced researchers from ATHENA partner universities in a host laboratory of the University of Orléans. This programme is a great opportunity to welcome international colleagues in your laboratory in the Centre Val de Loire region and to constitute international thematic networks. The closing date is set at 3 November 2021.
You can read the full presentation on LE STUDIUM's website.
Below you will find the links to the laboratories and research institutes of our partner universities:
University of Siegen, Germany
Humanities and social sciences: languages, history, social sciences, philosophy, communication sciences
Educational sciences - architecture - arts
Economics and management
Sciences and technologies
Economics and management
Electronic and computer engineering
Agronomics and life sciences
Natural sciences and mathematics
Criminal law and security