In a few months, you will make your first steps at the university, a new place where you will have much to learn. You will discover courses in lecture halls, the need to work alone after class hours, to take notes, etc… The rhythm and working methods are quite different from the ones you are used to. All this implies that you will have to become more autonomous!
“On Site” Work
Working on site means working during class hours, tutorials or practical work with teachers: being dynamic and actively participating in these classes will be a key to your success.
“Personal” work means:
- Studying the courses;
- Preparing tutorials and practical work sessions;
- Reviewing the content of these sessions afterwards;
- Searching for additional information in University Libraries and on the Internet;
- Following tutoring sessions;
- Working in groups with other students;
- Asking questions to teachers in their offices, by email or on the CELENE platform.
However, above all, learning to learn is essential!