Gender equality is one of the University’s main objectives since our aim is to contribute to the reinforcement of our Republic’s core values. Knowing this equality is not yet a reality, the UO, through the work of its Vice-President for Equality, has engaged in a vast plan for professional gender equality. This plan allows us to work on a daily basis on the 6 following aspects:
- Evaluating, preventing and treating the wage gap between men and women;
- Guaranteeing an equal access for men and women to all types of jobs;
- Overseeing the balance between professional activity and personal and family life;
- Preventing and treating discriminations, acts of violence, psychological or sexual harassment and sexist actions;
- Allowing a reinforcement in our equality policy governance;
- Developing actions towards students (for instance, the creation of a Memory Equality Price) and future students (through awareness campaigns and trainings rolled out in partnership with the Local Education Authority).
Action plan for professional gender equality: