The University is also committed to promoting sustainable transport and organises a bike loan system for students on the campuses.
From 5 September 2022, the University of Orléans provides you with bicycles to move around campus!
If you feel like cycling, the University offers you the opportunity to borrow a city bike (see photo on the left) with its accessories: anti-theft device, luggage rack, hazard spacer, retro-reflectors. You can obtain a bike by making a deposit of 50€ which will be cashed and returned upon return of the bike. Bikes can be borrowed from 5 September for a semester or for the whole university year, within the limit of the number of bikes available.
All students registered at the UO can benefit from this loan. This scheme is financed by the CVEC.
Students of the Bourges IUT (Institute of Technology) are invited to contact their College directly at: 02.48.23.80.80
Do not hesitate to register!
Procedure for borrowing a bicycle:
- From 5 September: fill out the form below by choosing 2 possible time slots to collect the bike. Please make sure that the slots chosen leave enough time to pay the deposit at the accounting agency (see next step).
- Pay the 50€ deposit before the date of collection of the bike. To do so, go to the accounting agency with the appropriate document (it will be sent to you by email)
- Accounting agency address: Château de la Source, avenue du Parc floral, Orléans la Source
- 9am-12:30am to 1:30pm-3:30pm for cash payments
- 9am-12:30am to 1:30pm-4pm for card or cheque payments
After confirming via email, come at the time slot set to collect the bike with the following documents:
- The certificate of deposit given to you by the accounting agency;
- The copy of your civil liability insurance;
- Your student card;
- Your bank details.
Caution: If one document is missing, we will not be able to give you the bike!
Collecting the bike and its accessories will take between 20 and 30 minutes with the reminder of your obligations and of the main conditions of use, a trial of the bike to check its working status, and the signature of the loan contract in 2 copies. The contract will be pre-completed and printed by the University.
Please come with a mask and your own pen, and respect the physical distancing rules, the traffic flow and the protective measures.
If you wish to cancel your loan project or if you cannot attend the collecting appointment, please inform the University services immediately by email at: email@example.com, otherwise your bike reservation will not be maintained.